Physiotherapist’s help people affected by injury, illness or disability through movement and exercise, education and advice.
What do we do?
- Help to facilitate a child’s ability to move about their environment with assistance or independently.
- Work collaboratively with other therapy disciplines and teaching staff to ensure that everyone is working towards helping each student achieve their learning goals
- Support teachers to develop individualised programs to maximise students learning
- Work and liaise with orthotic specialists in regards to foot and leg orthotics
- Provide support to staff and families
- Collaborate with private therapists to provide consistency across environments
- Providing staff training on safe manual handling techniques and on the correct use of equipment to ensure the safety of both staff and students.
- Help modify the immediate environment to maximise every student’s ability to access their learning programs.